Monday, January 28, 2013

Bok Choy & Green Bean Veggie Mix

Yesterday I bought Bok Choy for the first time - knowing full well that I didn't have a clue what on earth to do with it. I have been wanting to try it for quite some time now, as I am always trying to bring new vegetables into my life! Tonight I decided to give it a try and the results were quite delicious. This veggie mix is reminiscent of a vegetable mix one would order at a Chinese Restaurant and I will definitely be making it again!



This recipe is made to serve 1 as a side, so multiply it as needed! :)

1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
1 Carrot (Mine was purple, as you can see from the pictures, but any color is good!)
6 Leaves of Bok Choy
A Handful of Green Beans (I know good amounts)
4 Button Mushrooms
2 Dashes of Sea Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Aminos (This is a replacement for Soya Sauce for those who don't eat soy)

Start by melting the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat. While the oil is melting chop your carrot and mushrooms. Add the carrots, followed by the mushrooms and green beans. Cover and allow to cook for a few minutes. Break apart the Bok Choy into large pieces, and add to the pan. While it simmers add in the salt, pepper, ginger, lemon juice and coconut aminos. Cover again allowing the flavors to blend together until the vegetables are soft! Enjoy!

Confession: I wanted to put a clove of garlic in this, but I was too lazy to go downstairs and get some. Add garlic if desired. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment