Monday, January 7, 2013

Just Like Apple Pie. But Not at all.

Well Christmas was fun, and to be honest I did a very poor job of sticking to the primal way of life - but it solidified what I already knew - I need to do this for myself and my health so I'm back and doing great!

Yesterday my friend Connie was over, and craving something sweet. She told me about one of her Mom's recopies of warm peaches and cream, and thanks to her this recipe was born! It's really simple and quick to make, especially if you usually keep a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator!

You only need a few ingredients and its delicious, definately something I'll be making again!

You'll need:
1 Can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated
2 Apples
Cinnamon
2 Spoonfuls of Coconut Oil
 Optional: Add a little bit of coconut Sugar to caramelize the apples.

In a medium sized pan melt the coconut oil over medium. While the coconut oil is melting slice each apple into eight pieces. Put apples in pan and sprinkle with cinnamon

While the apples are browning remove your coconut milk from the fridge, and scoop the hard coconut cream out of the can. Using a hand mixer whip it until it fluffs up like whipping cream. You can add some pure vanilla extract here if you'd like!

Once the apples are browned, spoon some of the coconut cream into a bowl, with the apples and enjoy immediately. The coconut cream will melt if you wait to long!The flavors of this simple dessert reminds me of apple pie and ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment