Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chicken Alfedo Omelet


Whenever I have non-paleo friends over for dinner, my go to recipe is my fettuccine alfredo. It's delicious, nutrious and usually gets the response of "Wow! You can't even tell the difference." I've been meaning to post that recipe for a while, but life has been busy and I feel like I can make it better than it already is.

Today however, as I was trying to figure out what on earth I wanted to for lunch I had an idea. I wanted an omelet, and I really wanted cheese on it. It took me a good 45 minutes to talk myself out of making one with just cheese and salsa, and that decision finally solidified when I began to dwell upon the cashew cream I had in my refrigerator....and I began to want alfredo.


And then it dawned on me: a Chicken Alfredo Omelet. It's easy, delicious and fills that alfredo craving when you don't have pasta source.

Heres what you need:

1 TBSP cooking fat (bacon fat or coconut oil)
3 Eggs
1 palm size portion of chicken, chopped
1/4 Cup Cashew Cream (to make this simply blend 1 part cashews with 1 part water)
1 TSP Garlic Powder
A few pinches of nutmet
1/2 cup of brocolli
2 TBSP of red bell peppers, chopped
1/4 Cup of Spinach, Minched
1 TBSP onion, chopped
2 TSP Green Onion Chopped
Dash of Salt
1/4 TSP Black Pepper

Start by sauteing your onions, broccoli, peppers, chicken, green onions and spinach in your fat over medium heat. Once the broccoli is tender and onions are soft, pour the veggie mix into a small bowl on the side. Mix in your cashew cream, nutmeg and garlic. Set aside.

In a small cup, beat your eggs until frothy. Add in your salt and pepper. On the same pan you used to saute your vegetables, pour your eggs (make sure there is still enough grease on it!) Since the pan was hot the egg should start cooking almost immediately. Lift the pan and swish in a circular motion to cover the pan. When the eggs around the edge of the pan start to brown and lift from the pan you'll know that it is ready. Spoon your alfredo mix onto half of the omelet, then using a large flipper flip the egg in half, covering the filling. Allow to rest on the heat for a minute, then cut in half and serve.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment