Thursday, April 25, 2013

Coconut Curried Scrambled Eggs

One of my go to breakfasts is scrambled eggs. They are quick, easy and can adapt a wide variety of flavors. Usually I go for flavors like garlic and onion or the traditional salt and pepper, but I was feeling a bit tired of my norm this morning. I have been developing a slight curry addiction lately. Earlier this week a friend and I made an amazing Curry Shrimp Dish - that I hope to perfect and eventually post. For now, I bring you these delicious Coconut Curried Scrambled Eggs!!


One thing that I love about eggs, other than their ability to adapt flavors, is how simple they are. You'll need for this recipe:

2 Eggs
1 TSP Chives, chopped
1 TSP Curry Powder
1/4 TSP Garham Masala
A pinch of Salt
A pinch of Pepper
A sprinkle or 2 of Red Pepper flakes
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
2 TBSP Coconut Milk


In a medium sized pan melt the coconut oil over medium heat. After the oil is melted, add in the chopped chives. Beat together the eggs, curry, garham masala, salt, pepper, red pepper and coconut milk until frothy. Pour the mixture into the pan and scramble.

Note: This is meant to feed one very petite woman, as a side to something else. For normal sized people or more than one person, double or triple the recipe as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment